Monday, December 1, 2008

Stefani Cervantes ~ "Stefani's Busted"

Zamantha, Elyssa, Erika, and I asked our moms, "Can we go to K-mart after school?”
My mom said, “Yes, Just be home by 5:30.”
My sister and I replied, “Okay.”

When the school bell rang, I met with my friends and went to the Maverick station. “How about if we get Stride gum?” Elyssa shouted.
Then Zamantha argued, “No! Let’s get hot chocolate.”
I asked my sister, “Do you want something?”
She said, “I will have whatever you guys want.”
Elyssa asks, “Well then, who wants frozen yogurt?”
We all yelled, “I do!” Even my sister agreed!

Calmly, we ate the frozen yogurt as we walked to the Start Bus stop. At the bus stop I thought, “Oh no! It’s that boy that my mom doesn’t like?” He came over to us and started to talk to Zamantha. I couldn’t believe that he was talking to her! Her mom doesn’t let her talk to him, either. Our moms don’t want him to hang around with us because he is rude and he swears. I looked over at Erika, she had seen him, too. I nodded at her to let her know that I remembered that we weren’t to hang around him. Then, I whispered to Elyssa, “Can this get any worse?”
Elyssa added, “Yes! Because here comes your mom!”

My mom passed by us in a car and I could see her angry look. I felt hot shivers and got a stomachache. That’s how trouble comes, stampeding through the door. I knew I was going to be in trouble when I got home.
Suddenly, Erika yelled, "The bus!" We run to it as fast as we could. We got to the start bus and the door sounded as if it was talking to me, “Quick! Get in!” I jumped onto the bus and off we went to K-mart to buy candy again. We bought juicy, colorful, circle-shaped gummy lifesavers and cheesy, orange, curved Cheetos.

After shopping, we all went to our houses except for Zamantha. She came with my sister and me to our house. We ran up the stairs to see my room. I was relieved that she was there because it delayed the trouble a little while longer. We looked out the window and got distracted by a red van that was yelling up to Zamantha, “Hurry, up you have to go to your house! Plus, I don’t have any gas left! Hurry!” Zamantha went running to her amazing van and that is when my mom came into my room.
She was angry. Her face was red and her words were like steaming lava. “Why were you with him? Why were you at Maverick when I only gave you permission to go to K-Mart?” she yelled.
“I’m sorry! We missed the bus…,” we replied.
Still angry, she said, “I won’t talk about this to you’re dad; I will let it go for today.” She knew my dad would be frustrated and angry. She likes to keep the peace.
We were relieved, but still nervous that she would tell him. “Okay mom,” Erika and I agreed together.
She stormed out of our room and went to make dinner for us. While we ate, my dad looked at mom in a suspicious way. It looked like he was thinking that my mom has hiding something from him. If he was thinking that, he was right. This made me very nervous. I sat like a statue, hoping that my mom would keep her promise and not tell him what we did.
Finally, it was time for bed. We all went to sleep…or tired to. Suddenly, I heard voices. It was my mom and dad. I heard my mom arguing with him. Had she told him? Did he know? Had he seen us, too? My mind was filled with questions and my stomach hurt. My mattress felt like a rock, making sleep impossible.
The next morning I told Erika what I heard. She hadn’t heard anything. This made her nervous and she refused to wake up. My dad woke up. My heart pounded… hard and fast. When he went to work, my mom sat next to me said, “I am sorry I yelled at you. I believe you. I made that decision to not tell your father because I love you.” I hugged my mom. This was my lesson to only go where my mom gives me permission to go! I will never forget that powerful lesson.

By Stefani Cervantes

3 comments:

  1. i liked how you added the doors and other objects shouting at you.

    i also like how you put in lots of thoughts and feelings i really liked how you did.

    i liked in you wiring that you wrote is that you personified and described your great story

    great job writing i liked it
    ~Cassandra Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. hey i really want to know the rest but i got to tell you that you used dialog.
    2. hey i loved how you used your description:)
    3. do you like joey and do i know him? I know how it fells when you get blamed.
    Juan Morillon

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I would be freaked out if my mom caught me talking to a boy I was not supposed to be talking to. Were you?
    2. I think it is brave of you to post the boy you like on the internet...but why do you like him if he is rude and swears! Women's Rights!!!

    3. Your writing makes me laugh - like the time when your friend saw your mom! HaaHaa!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete