Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Claire - "Venizia"

Venezia
By~ Claire Andrews
So many questions tore at my mind. Why were they there? Where did they come from? Was there a purpose to them?
“Geez,” my best friend Emm blurted, interrupting my personnel thoughts, “these cobblestones are loud.”
“Mmmhmm,” I muttered, returning my thoughts back to the vines that decorated the walls. A pungent smell wafted in the air.
“Ugh!” Emma gagged, interrupting my thoughts once again. Iwas getting really anno was never going to stop interrupting me. The smell was horrible, it was a mix of rotten eggs and, you don’t want to know what else.
“Deal with it,” I shot back. “Can you get any more annoying, this smell is going to follow us the whole trip.”
“Fine,” she yelled, taking off and leaving me in the dust.
“Wait for me,” I wailed, “You know I’m not a fast runner.” I ran for what seemed like forever. She knew that our parents wanted us to stick together; she knew perfectly well, I couldn’t believe it. Finally, the alley’s dark passage ran out and sunlight filled my eyes. I blinked a couple of times and realized Emma was standing next to me. Her mouth was gaping open.
“Ya know - there’s an easier way to catch flies,” I joked.
She gave me a hard look. She was pretty mad at me, I thought that was the last straw.
“So,” I said trying to change the subject.
She stuck her hand in my face as if trying to say, “Talk to the hand.”
Then we just couldn’t take it anymore, we both started to giggle. Soon it turned into booming laughter. We turned back to the square and only saw one thing. “Pigeons!” we both screamed in unison. My feet were screaming, “come on, come on let’s go chase em, come on it’ll be fun.” My feet had persuaded me, so I spoke up.
“Let’s go chase em!”
“You got it.” Emma replied her grin widening. We both took off running as fast as we could go, “Wahoo!” my feet screeched as I ran. Pigeons scattered left and right, avoiding our thundering feet. We finally finished our run through the field of pigeons, we both looked at each other and giggled, “Wow, that was a ton of fun”
“Tell me about it.” Emma added, I was sure here mouth was going to tear in half because she was smiling so hard. I giggled.
“What?”
“ Your mouth is to big for your face,” I said giggling.
The fun along stayed with us through the whole trip but that was probably the best time we had the whole trip, that one memory is permanently branded into my mind so it is impossible to forget. But since that’s all that I have to say I’ll teach you a little bit of Italian so “Ciao.”

5 comments:

  1. 1. I like the joke you said when Emma's mouth was open.
    2. I like the part with the pigeons.
    3. You showed the characters' personalities really well through the dialouge.
    ~Claire French

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.I love how you begin your story with questions and toughts because not very much people start their begginings with questions and toughts!
    2.I like how you described how the horrible smell smelll like.
    3.I think you did a very good job with your dialoge!!!Danicia Quezada

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. you did a good job of getting the point across that you were anoyed with Emma

    2. conection- the straw that broke the camles back me likey

    3.you made thediolog like i was there and with you

    hailey patno

    ReplyDelete
  4. The conversation you had with Emma was so real.

    I'm glad I dont have to smell he city, You made it sound so discusting.

    The description was so amazing.
    ~Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. your diolge explaines a lot , how u feel,whats happening,and the schene, and the charichtristics
    ~kinzel

    ReplyDelete