Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Melissa - "The Tea Party"

Tea and Twinkies with Someone I Love
By Melissa Elliott

Everything was absolutely perfect; the cups and saucers all lined up, the excited teapot was squealing with tea, and the flowers were showing off their new beautiful vibrant colors. The year before, my Aunt Char and I had had our first tea party at my house. I was so anxious for our second one. This year it was being held at her house in Buffalo, Wyoming. A small table with two chairs was waiting for our arrival in a never-ending hallway full of windows facing the courtyard. Before Aunt Char and I sat down, we hugged and air kissed. We carefully began to pour tea into teacups, stir in the right amount of sugar and cream, and allow words to spill out of our mouths.
“So, how are your vineyards back in Jackson?” teased Aunt Char in an English accent.
I swallowed my tea almost choking with laughter and replied with the same accent as hers, “ Great! We have had wonderful wines this year.” Both of us giggled. My Aunt Char always knows how to make me laugh. The golden boxed dessert that I remember like as if it was in front of me right now was three Twinkies: three soft, spongy, creamy Twinkies. Those Twinkies sat eagerly on a plate, each one called to me in a high voice saying, “Eat me! Eat me!” Gently, I picked up one of the Twinkies and examined it. The spongy, soft, yellow cake probably thought that I was going to give it a hug before sinking my teeth into it. Of course, I was the one who ate two, and Aunt Char ate one.
“Nothing is left in the pot,” I examined as I poured the last of the tea into my cup and drank it. All of the Twinkies were gone, too. Aunt Char looked at me and said, “Ok, well, that was a fun tea.”
”Ya, it was so, so… fabulous!” I replied with a giant grin across my face.
My Aunt Char is always happy, positive, and nice to everyone she meets. I have known my Aunt Char ever since I was born, and loved her ever since. Her curly blonde hair is beautiful, and I adore her best accessory, her toy poodle Daisy. She gives us gifts every time she comes or we go to visit her, but my favorite gift of all is her warm, welcoming hugs. Aunt Char isn’t my aunt by blood, but she has been my mom’s best friend for more then twenty years. With my Aunt Char, the spirit of a tea party is one of peace, comfort, and refinement.

5 comments:

  1. 1. I like how you described that she's not family by blood but she's been your moms friend for a long time.
    2. I like how you showed with out telling the strong bond you have w/ your Aunt.
    3. I like your narration.
    Julio V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have really good diloge!!!!
    twinkies sound good!
    ~kinzel

    ReplyDelete
  3. How you did the part of the twinkies of how they said eat me

    I liked how your aunt talked in an English accident and you chocked on your tea

    I like you diloge is good and your narration is too because I under stud it
    ~Jamee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realy liked the part when the twinkies where calling out to you.

    You showed the setting realy well.

    You had amazing vocabulary.
    ~ Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa,
    1. While I was reading your story, I not only giggled when you said that you guys were talking in an English accent, I was smiling the whole time too!

    2. I think that you described your feelings toward your Aunt Char verry well.

    3. When you were telling me how she has been in your life ever since you were born and how she isn't you aunt by blood, I think that even though she isn't actually a family member, you still feel verry calm and conferting around her is verry sweet! Good job Melissa!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete