Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brady ~ "Haunted Houses"

As soon as we crept in the old creaky house in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, my heart disintegrated. I didnít want to go in because I was afraid of ghosts. Even though it was a tourist attraction, I still said, ìI am not going in!î Fear was squeezing me around the neck, and suddenly I couldnít breath. Fear wrapped himself around my ankles, so I couldnít move, and Worry bit me in the back. There was nothing I could do about it, my teacher had bought the tickets. I now knew I had to face my fear.
I mustered up enough courage to get inside. I shuffled through what seemed to be real snapshots of ghosts. Once I was done gazing, my eyes sneaked up and I acknowledged two big black doors. For some reason I got the slight suspicion it was a fun house, and you had to open the right door. Not the right door, but the right door. Then, a side door it magically emerged and it showed the way out side. I was saved, but not for long. Our tour guide was here and primed to get the tour started, and to pull me to my death.
Now I was dawdling down the sidewalk from house to house with shivers gnawing at my back. I think I was giving off the impression that I was terrified but I was mortified. ìHere we have stopped at what used to be a shoot out,î Yelped the tour guide. We all turned to face a dark faded wood house that read Twin Sycamores.
ìWhy did they call it that?î My friend Eli wondered aloud.
ìBecause there were two Sycamore trees in front of the building,î barked the tour guide. Nonchalantly Eli and I peered back to come across a pair of helpless, bright, yellow eyes. Reluctantly I followed my instinct and screamed at the top of my lungs,
ìGHOST!î Then I heard a girlish voice, Marisol screamed.
ìOUCH! That hurt my ears, besides Its not a ghost, they are only lightning bugs.î
ìOHHHHHHHHHH! I knew that,î which I really didnít. A sigh of relief went up my spine for all to see. I was now officially bananas.
After finishing the tour, we headed back. ìAHHHHHHHH,î the peaceful trip all the way back to the hotel was the best part, and getting to bed. When the blankets so soft swallowed me to the most comfortable place on earth finally drifting asleep until...Peaceful had vanished, and nightmares had arose.












I am white
I am the color that blows through the windy days
I am the feeling of being alone, fearful, and depressed
I am afraid of what is unknown to all
I am the color of when joy and misery collide
How I help daily life I know not
I am what you get when other colors fade or vanish
I am not just a color I am a feeling
I am taken for granted every day
To the average mind I am a dull color
But I am more then that...
I am the color of thought
I am white

6 comments:

  1. I love your poem!!!!!
    You have great vocabulary.
    I like that you used great vocabulary and really good personification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *That sounded really scary! When I was in D.C. last month we could have gone on a graveyard tour, but now I'm glad we didn't!

    *Your poem was amazing and so real!

    *You wrote in great character's responses, and character's thoughts and feelings.

    Anna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your story was awesome and very gripping with the way you wrote it.

    You had great vocabulary and character's thought's and feelings.

    I wish I got to go to a place like, that I think It give me a good scare.

    Cameron Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I really like your poem. It was really good.
    2. I really like how you said that you were afraid of ghosts.
    3. You did a very good job.~Yesenia Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.great suspention

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great word and voc. plus I also love you're poem and It is so realistic and scary! Asoooome!

    Stefani Cervantes

    ReplyDelete