Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Matt ~ "My Birthday Surprise"

I ran outside school and saw something incredible: a Jeff Gordon jacket.
“You like Jeff Gordon I love him, he’s my favorite racecar driver.” “Hey nice jacket I have one just like it I got it last Christmas,” I said.
Last Christmas, I was opening my presents and found an interesting gift from Santa. I ripped open the box and found... “Jeff Gordon clothes!!” I screamed. There were three things under the raping paper: a Jeff Gordon jacket, a Jeff Gordon fleece jacket, and Jeff Gordon sleep pants. I ran further and saw that it was my dad wearing my jacket.
Once I got over dad taking my jacket, mom said, “Trade me jackets!” She was wearing my Jimmie Johnson jacket.
“Why,” I asked.
Then she told me, “Matt, you’re going to the race.”
Speechless I said, “Are you I have kidding me? I’m going to a race!!”
They said, “Happy Birthday!”
Ever since I could remember I’ve been watching the Nascar race every Sunday with my dad. Every time we came home from church, we go in the media room and turn on the race. We
sit and watch the entire race. My favorite driver in the Hendricks team is Jeff Gordon. I have been following him every weekend. Then comes Jimmie Johnson, he is my second favorite driver. He has won the Nextel cup for a few years and has been wining most of the races this year. Dale Earnhart Jr is my third favorite. He Just joined the Hendricks team last year but he was pretty famous with his colors. Casey Mears, is also a favorite he joined the team last year but he got in a big wreck at the race I went to see.
When I woke up the morning of the race, I was getting dressed in my Nascar wardrobe. Of my Jimmie Johnson shirt, my Jimmie Johnson jacket, and my Jimmie hat. I knew that this was going to be the best day of my life and the best birthday weekend of my life. I could feel the excitement grow stronger and stronger inside of me as we drove closer and closer to the racetrack.
When I walked through the gates, I could hear the sound of the loud driers driving around the track. The racing of the pace car, (the 2008 ZO6 Corvette) testing the dryness of the track. I could smell the smell of rain; it had been raining all night. As I saw all the haulers; rows and rows of haulers lined up the sell all the souvenirs. I had to run down every row of haulers to see the entire Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, and Dale Earnhart Jr hauler to see there entire stock. There were other haulers I saw a Sprint cup series hauler, who had a big screen T.V. that showed the reporters interviewing all drivers.
In the FAN ZONE there were game tents. 25% of my excitement was on those games. There was a AAA tent that had two driving games but they weren’t ordinary driving games they were Nascar driving games. They made me feel like I was in the driver seat of the racecar. They shock like the shaking of a big powerful engine rumbling around the track. When I crashed, I could fell the impacted of the crash. When I spun out I could feel the shaking of the car spinning around and around (I played a lot of games a lot of times). There was a tent down a way from the other tents that was an ordinary driving game. Suprisingly it was really addicting. My dad and I played it, but he got kind tired of it. but I played it a while longer he watched me. There was a game right next to it that was a racecar split in half. It had a computer in it, and it was cool. It also felt like I was in a racecar, but it didn’t shake like the other one did.
At the end of the day it started to rain again, and every body left. There was no racing that day because of the rain, and the Craftsmen Truck series was delayed until the next day. While dad and I were still there, we walked into a Bose trailer. When I walked in, I could hear a videogame being played, and it was a racecar game being played on a gigantic flat screen T.V. I asked, “can I play it?” I played it for a long time. When Dad wanted to leave, I had to go.
The next day the whether was good. They ran the Craftsman truck series it was so cool to see the racecars in person. It was so exiting to see the cars and hear the roar of the loud engines, louder than you hear on T.V. We had pit passes, so we went down threw the tunnel and we were in the infield. It would be cooler to watch the race from our R.V inside the infield. And so we went down to pit road and to see the command centers being set up all along the back wall of pit road.
The End

4 comments:

  1. 1. You described your excitment very well.

    2. When you told how you went in a tunnel and in the field, I felt like I was going into the field myself.

    3. You put this together very nicely, and I liked when you said how your dad didn't want to play the video game anymore, but you wanted to play it much, much longer. Good job.

    - Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I think you did a great job on this story and I think that you described every moment you had down by the track.

    2. I really liked it when you told your audience your thoughts and feelings and also your dad's thoughts and feelings.

    3. I think you really got your readers down into the plot of the story and had them glued to the computer screen. I know I was! Good job Matt!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had fun in the video game at the AAA tent from your description.

    I have a connection to finding something cool under the tree Christmas morning. like when i got my xbox 360.

    I like your description of the rain. I know exactly what you are describing.

    Gideon

    ReplyDelete
  4. It surprised me when the race got cancled.

    It sounded like you had fun playing all of the games.

    I like your description of the sounds of the cars and the smell of the rain.
    Zeke Nelson

    ReplyDelete